Robot Mower Installation
For smaller areas, you can install the robot yourself and there are a number of videos available to assist you. For larger areas, we would recommend having a professional installation. We can offer the service using our wire layer. This will bury the perimeter wire which will then be less likely to be disturbed.
We can also assist with existing installations where you are having issues such as wire breaks.
If you use our lawn survey service, we can give you an idea of how complex it will be.
Installing your robot lawn mower yourself not only will save you money but will give you the confidence to change you layout as time goes by.
At The Robot Mower, we will help you choose the right mower, put together an installation kit specifically for your lawn and support you with the installation.
We provide a number of resources to assist you with the installation:
1. Use our Measure My Lawn page to work out the length of cable required…remember to add on enough to cater for unexpected diversions and for looping around objects that you want you mower to stay away from (flower beds in the middle of the lawn, tree roots, etc.).
2. Watch the Ambrogio video on Installation
3. Watch our video on the tools you will need.
4. Watch our video on installing the wire (draft)
6. Watch the videos on our installation of a Ambrogio Twenty Elite (sorry about the shoes)
Small Installation kit – 150 meters of wire, 300 pegs and 2 connectors. £80
Medium Installation kit – 250 meters of wire, 400 pegs and 2 connectors. £150
Extra Large Installation kit – 500 meters of wire, 800 pegs and 2 connectors. £300
If you opt for professional installation of your lawn mower, we will install the wire for you, set-up the mower and give you an overview.
We use a wire laying machine which can lay over 2000 meters of wire an hour. This Wire Layer uses a turning drill bit to cut a groove in the ground. The wire feeds into the groove. Less time is required for the grass to recover since the cut in the ground is very small.
Standard prices for one zone professional installation are based on the model being installed:
4.0, L250i: £429
L350i/ 4.36: £499
L400i: On request
Additional zones are charged at £50 per zone. Please note that this excludes perimeter wire at £0.50 per meter.
If you would like details of the installation service or any special offers which are applicable, please Contact Us